This could mean that the video camera was powered by the Passive PoE (intended for powering the TFortis TH camera housings), rather than PoE 802.3af/at.
At all outdoor TFortis PSW switches, except PSW-2G+ and PSW-1-45-WiFi, PoE mode for each port is set by jumpers on the switch board. If the TFortis TH camera housings are not used, then the jumper must be removed from the “TH” position.
It is enough to set the jumpers to the “A” position - the power supply over the signal pairs 1,2 and 3,6 - for powering video cameras
1. Put the port on a third-party switch into 1000M Full Duplex mode.
2. Check the integrity of the line between the switches (cable, SFP-modules).
Between these two switches, one fundamental difference is the PSW-2G4F (PSW-2G4F-Ex) has 2 Gigabit SFP ports, and PSW-1G4F (PSW-1G4F-Ex) has one SFP port that has been replaced with the RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T port.
|PSW-2G4F (PSW-2G4F-Ex)||PSW-1G4F (PSW-1G4F-Ex)|
When choosing between PSW-2G4F (PSW-2G4F-Ex) and PSW-1G4F (PSW-1G4F-Ex), it is of fundamental importance to determine which cable will be used to transfer data to the server - copper ("twisted pair") or fiber-optic?
If you plan to use the “twisted pair” cable, then the problem can be solved in two ways:
1. use PSW-1G4F (PSW-1G4F-Ex), which already has a “copper” port;
2. use PSW-2G4F (PSW-2G4F-Ex) with the installed “copper” SFP-module.
The first option is more profitable for the integrator:
• firstly, the PSW-1G4F (PSW-1G4F-Ex) is cheaper than the PSW-2G4F (PSW-2G4F-Ex);
• secondly, you do not need to buy a “copper” SFP-module.
The second option is less preferable, since the copper SFP module does not have lightning protection and the port remains unprotected.
Typical applications of PSW-1G4F (PSW-1G4F-Ex).
1. As the ending in chain topology
2. To increase the number of ports in one point
3. In star topology with gigabit speeds
The TFortis switches will work with any SFP-modules. Namely, with any brand of SFP-modules, regardless of the used type of optical fiber (singlemode, multimode), number of connectors (single-fiber modules, two-fiber modules), and regardless of the connector type (SC, LC).
It is important to use industrial SFP-modules, with operating temperature from -40°C to +85°C.
We recommend to use verified by us SFP-modules. It is important to use industrial SFP-modules, with operating temperature from -40°C to +85°C.
Not all Cisco switch models will immediately work with SFP modules of another brand.
Our SFP modules have the universal firmware. In case the module does not operate with Cisco switch, there are two solutions:
1. Detecting the third-party module, Cisco warns about this and will wait for a decision on further actions from the system administrator. The system administrator has to confirm the continuation of operation with this module.
2. Install the SFP module into TFortis PSW switch and program it to work with the Cisco switch using the firmware that we will send at your request.
Our SFP modules TBSF-13-3-12gSC-3i 1310 and TBSF-15-3-12gSC-3i 1550 have UPC polishing
The FSE-2C midspan is designed for powering TFortis TH-02 and TFortis TH-03 camera housings. TH-02 and TH-03 camera housings will not operate with FSE-2G + and FSE-4B midspans, as well as third-party midspans.
CrossBox-1 and CrossBox-2 cabinets do not have a heating or cooling system. These cabinets are designed for installation of our outdoor switches that do not need heating.
Connector’s name is 2EDGV-5.08. 2EDGK-5.08-03P plug. Wire cross-section is 2.5 sq mm.
For switches with an integrated uninterruptible power supply there is an additional option - PWR-24 card that can provide backup power to additional equipment. To solve this problem with the other PSW switches, you can use a PoE splitter connected to the Ethernet port of the switch.
A PoE adapter is required, because wireless access points usually have a Passive PoE 18-24V power supply, when connected to the TFortis PSW. Without an adapter, the wireless access point can be connected to the PSW-1-45-WiFi switch, which is specially designed for this.
1. The switch should be managed.
2. It has to have STP/RSTP protocols.
IEEE802.w standard does not recommend to exceed 7 switches in a ring with standard RSTP protocol parameters.
Time of uninterrupted operation depends on many factors. The most significant is the total power consumption of PoE-connected video cameras. As a rule, cameras without heating consume from 3 to 5 watts. Table. An approximate estimate of the time of trouble-free operation, depending on the total capacity of the cameras.
* Load - the total power of cameras.
The PTZ IP camera must be managed by specialized software. The TFortis PSW switches in this case play the role of a “pipe” and do not interfere with the software for managing the PTZ IP video camera.
To ensure the proper operation of lightning protection in the TFortis PSW switches, it is necessary:
1. It is mandatory to perform a high-quality grounding of the switches.
2. Use only shielded “twisted pair” with crimp shielded connectors.
3. If possible, minimize the length of all copper conductors (”twisted pair”, power cable).